11.25.2012

Tis the Season...

Hi friends,

I have just had the best weekend! It's hard not to have an awesome weekend when both you and your best friend have FOUR DAYS off of work!

First, Thanksgiving. I felt really proud of myself for making a killer turkey, stuffing (from a box, ha), creamed carrots, baked sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie! We played our very most favorite game, Ticket to Ride, and longed for our family. We miss all of you.


Thursday night, we headed out to Walmart where EVERYONE and their mother came out to pre-Black Friday shop. We seriously had no idea that so many people lived in this tiny town. And we discovered the more vicious side of Safford. We saw some ladies play an intense game of tug-o-war using a Paula Dean Cookware set. I was so amazed that grown-ups acted that way, and didn't know whether to laugh or cry over our crazy society. It really puts things in perspective.
I had my eyes set on a Ninja! 
On Friday, we skipped shopping and instead drove to Phoenix for a little day trip! We headed to the Vintage Market, bought a sweet little painting for our home, meandered downtown, and then drove to Tempe to walk around the Tempe Marketplace.
A sweet park bench in downtown Phoenix
And today was one of my most very favorite days of the year! The Westerfield Christmas Extravaganza! It's the day where Aaron and I set up our Christmas tree, watch Christmas movies, and make ornaments! It really kicks off the Christmas season and we get intensely crafty. This year, we painted porcelain ornaments. I have no pictures to share yet, but hopefully tomorrow.

Well, I hope that your weekend has been filled with thankfulness, pumpkin pie, family, friends, and sweet memories.

Janel. xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment